Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reading Response: How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

     When I first started reading How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff, I wasn't able to connect to any of the characters or the plot or anything. However, as I read on and the characters developed, I think that I can connect with the main character, Daisy.
     Daisy's feelings towards the cousins she's just moved in with have really grown. She's extremely fond of all of them and as she starts to like each of them more and more, she feels responsible for them as well. I can connect with Daisy in the way that I think I'm receiving more responsibility. My responsibility for my little brother is what comes to mind when I thought of Daisy's new responsibilities.
     As I grew up, my parents started to trust me more, and they started to let me babysit my brother. I felt a huge responsibility for him because I knew that if anything went wrong, I would loose the trust my parents have in me. When I became aware of this responsibility, I did what I could to watch out for my brother and keep him occupied while my parents were out. I think that Daisy will do the same and really make sure that her cousins are kept safe because she loves all of her cousins, and doesn't want to let them down, her aunt down, or her parents down.

1 comment:

  1. I like your connection. A good way to keep any boy from moving is giving him games. =D

    ReplyDelete